500,000 Women per Year is Too Many!
Every five minutes, four women in America die of heart disease, according to the NIH. That adds up to 500,000 women each year.
If that fact surprised you, here are some others that may shock you:
- Women are more likely than men to die from a heart attack;
- Women are more likely to die after a procedure such as a stent or a balloon angioplasty;
- Women are more likely than men to have another heart attack within five years;
- Women don’t get the same screening, preventive treatment, or life-saving medications or procedures in the ER when they are admitted for heart trouble!!! Seriously???!!!
- 64% of women who die suddenly of coronary heart disease had no previous symptoms. In 2/3 of women who suffer a heart attack, the first sign of heart disease is the heart attack.